Saturday, April 16, 2011

Mud Boots

This  is the time of year when we all get ready to pull off the mud boots and wear something else, anything else! Although, like all the things in life that change, the rubber boot has come along way baby. When I    started wearing them you had basic black and army green. And remember how cold your feet got? Now we have color and insulation! Thank goodness there is no film footage of me doing a faceplant in the mud a couple of weeks ago. There I was in my cute little muck boots, plowing through the mud (without a tractor) with my feet, using my arms like some big windmill, trying to stay balanced. The rain water and our clay soil had made this wonderful mixture of yuck. I took a step, but my foot and boot did not come with me, hence the faceplant. For once I did not have a crowd of onlookers.

No comments:

Post a Comment